Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have an '08 cobalt LT, and I am thinking about going to an SS trim. What I am wondering is the sound system in the SS, all I can find is "7 speaker Pioneer", doesn't offer much information.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Currently I have an '08 cobalt LT, and I am thinking about going to an SS trim. What I am wondering is the sound system in the SS, all I can find is "7 speaker Pioneer", doesn't offer much information.
That's correct. Standard on SS.. optional on other models.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I would just get new speakers and my own sub and amp, the upgraded pioneer in the SS's and optional LTs and such is alright but you can get better sound and thump from buying your own. I am going to replace the whole setup soon in mine, already have a memphis sub and amp, now I just wanna get a better amp and speakers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well I'm buying a brand new '10 SS/TC, something with a little more umph than my LT. I was just wondering about the sound system because I couldn't really find much info about it on the net so I thought i'd check here. does the stock sub pound pretty well?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Unless you're a a) a bass whore or b) a total audiophile, the stock system is amazing. I love music (wouldn't say obsessed) and I think it's more than adequate.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
It's better than decent for stock... I just typed the specs in another thread last week sometime. I'll see if I can find it...

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Found it...

The stock amp has 270w of peak output power. It is a 6-channel amp that has 2 for the tweets, 2 for the door speakers and 2 for the rear 6x9's. It then uses a bridged mono channel coming off of the 6x9's for the sub. The whole thing is 2-ohm stable. It is Class-AB operation w/low distortion output.

The factory box is an 18 Liter size molded enclosure was specially designed and accurately sound tuned to work with the woofer and provide extended smooth deep bass response. This allows subwoofer to play low frequencies.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
It's better than decent for stock... I just typed the specs in another thread last week sometime. I'll see if I can find it...

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Found it...

The stock amp has 270w of peak output power. It is a 6-channel amp that has 2 for the tweets, 2 for the door speakers and 2 for the rear 6x9's. It then uses a bridged mono channel coming off of the 6x9's for the sub. The whole thing is 2-ohm stable. It is Class-AB operation w/low distortion output.

The factory box is an 18 Liter size molded enclosure was specially designed and accurately sound tuned to work with the woofer and provide extended smooth deep bass response. This allows subwoofer to play low frequencies.
that's a really small amp, and it's the RMS you want to find out not the peak power because peak doesn't say very much. The sub takes most of that power, and the speakers are probably only set for very low amp pull. But like force said, if you're not a basswhore or audiophile (i'm assuming i'm at least one of those) then it should be adequate. It really depends what you want out of your system, how loud you play your music...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Found it...

that's what i was looking for, thanks ;p

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
yeah I used to be a huge bass whore, I had 3 12" MTX subs runnign from two equally huge MTX amps, it was fun, but I'm over that I got it outta my system so to speak lol.

the stock system rocks, but I think my pass side door speaker is shot, it makes muffled and crumply type sounds.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I used to have a Kicker L7, I enjoy the stock system better. Crisp, clean, loud but not whee you can here the base and rattle outside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.