Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Keep all the Cobalt wiring including lights. Also keep the fuse block , everything goes through there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
A little update before classes get back into full swing and the design projects take over my life. The floors are completely done now and the door skin has been put on after replacing the bad metal under it. The passenger quarter panel has been cut off to replace trunk drop offs and repair wheel housings. I am hoping to get the new quarter put on this weekend with a little luck and then its on to the other side. With luck on our side the cobalt motor should be getting mocked up in the engine bay by Christmas.

The rocker panel needed a little patching up as well.

The new skin welded on the door.

Trunk drop off almost finished.

Fabricating a new wheel housing.

How is sit right now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I am at school away from the car so I can't physically work on it but with some information from the members on here I can plan my next move. What will have to be done to the ECM to get it to work going from an automatic to a manual trans? The other thing I am working out from school is the clutch set up I am running into conflicting info on the spline count on the input shaft of the lsj trans and in the clutch to flywheel bolt pattern for the 2.2 l61 and 2.0 lsj are the same. Thanks for the continued help on the project.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There you go!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I know its been years since I update this thread but I have been working on the project still and hate when project threads just die so I am going to catch this up on where i am at now. I am having issues with the pictures tonight so I try and get some added later this week but. This has been an interesting project and a lot of fun to work on with my dad. We are to the point of test fitting the engine and trans this weekend and fabricating the motor mounts. The process of getting the engine and trans together was a project in itself.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.