Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 cobalt 2.2 that when u r coming to a stop the rpms go very low and feels like it wants to quit. The rpms jump back and forth from it seems as low as 100 rpms to normal until u stop and then its fine. A couple times it has quit and I had to restart the car. I don't notice anything different when driving normal speeds just right before I come to a stop. I had a diagnostics test ran on it and it threw codes for o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 and also threw onn for the canister purge solenoid. Any ideas of what it may be or if either of those would cause this problem?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Have your throttle body cleaned, I believe this is the source of all your problems. Clear codes, wait a couple of 100 miles and clear them again if they come back. Hopefully the HO2 sensor will clean itself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I actually was about to post the same thing my 05 2.2 is doing that. I'll try cleaning the throttle body. What would you recommend using? Brake cleaner or carb cleaner? Also remove it or just take off the intake and spray it out.

Edit: took the intake off wiped the blade and around it with a paper towel it had a what looked like oil built up on it??? But took it down the road it no longer tries to die

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Throttle body cleaner works good too. Always do this with key out of ignition.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Your Welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.