Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never really got a clear answer,
i just want to know if it is possible to install the new gm radios( the ones with the big knob and aux port) to my 2005 cobalt
i know youll have to get it programmed by the dealer, which is no problem

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
For starters it's not plug and play because radio connectors are totally different. There is always a way if you have the information and a good technician to splice the harness. No programming I don't think for the Cobalt radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was somewhat aware the connectors werent the same, all i need is the right connectors and cut the wires ,,,right?

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
You also need the wiring pinout so you can cross connect everything including amplifier connectors which are also different. You can't make to many mistakes because once the smoke comes out of the radio it doesn't work anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I can probably find the proper wiring pin out if you can tell me which radio from which year you are trying to match. 2005 has 5 different radios and 2007 has like 8. Lord knows how many for 2010.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww, i was hoping they were all the same, it is from a 2007 cobalt, number is 25834576.. i think, found one on ebay

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Ok well that one has the menu button so it's the upgraded model to mine. It has sub out, and extra speaker out for tweeters in the front plus automatic level control + + + MP3 CD player and a bunch of other stuff. Mine is more basic than that one. But these two in particular use same connectors just different pin-out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx man, you helped out alot, im 18 years old so i dont know much about that, ill probably take it to a shop to get an upgraded radio

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.