Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I will wait next time. Listen up GMC we all deserve a 25 dollar gift card if slackers are gonna get one Because it surely is not gonna break you. And the time and trouble i spent getting this done is well worth 25 bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
just called to get my parts ordered, lets see how this goes, i hope they don't give me crap for my tune (disabled a bit of CEL) and disconnection the SAI lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
this waiting Game for my recall is playing with my LIFE...

I own a 2006 cobalt, worst car I ever owned, ive been on a waiting list for my ignition recall for months now, and my car is getting worst by the day, i have a written log of every time my car SHUT'S OFF while driving on me since July 2014, at first it was every few weeks and now its November 2014 and its happening 2-4 times a day, i cant live like this, ive almost have gotten into several accidents due to this... I NEED MY CAR FOR WORK, i work with adults with disabilities and i work with children and i do alot of transporting with my car to appointments, stores, activities and school with them... WHY THE **** IS IT TAKING SEVERAL MONTHS TO FIX THIS PIECE, I CALLED MY DEALERSHIP A FEW WEEKS AGO AND SAID THE RECALL IS STILL IN PRODUCTION, I TOLD THEM WELL I HOPE TO BE ALIVE WHEN I GET IT, THE GUYS WAS SPEECHLESS ON THE PHONE...

Now yesterday November 17 2014 my car stalled out while driving straight going speed under 30 and i put it in N then restart it and now it WONT SHUT OFF at all like WTF IS THIS A NEW problem..??? what do i do?? its been on all nite and the battery died and now ill be dammmmmmmmmmed if i have to jump my car every day... WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO?????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well not to be a bitch or anything, but I did as I should and contacted my dealer as soon as I got my letter and it took a couple of months but I did finally get it fixed without much hassle. But, I hear now that GMC is giving people some type of gift card or something if they will please bring their cars in . Well I got nothing for being a good girl and bringing mine in when asked. Heck I was scared of wrecking. But I am a woman and you know we women kinda like gift cards. If they are giving them to slackers then all should get --just saying. Just did a search and USA today says they are give 25 dollar gift certificates to several stores. I would love to have one from either Amazon or Walmart and I'm sure you guys would love that one for Bass Pro.. I am feeling envious over 25 bucks. What can I say it's money spending time of year.
If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't be getting the gift card if my car would have actually been running from april to July. Or for the past almost 3 years haha. I'm just a lucky coincidence. After chevy said my vin had already been completed back in april, I called my mom knowing she probably had a recall notice around, & it just happened to be that one. I doubt my car will get in the shop before the cut off for the gift cards. No word yet on parts, plus I'm going to Georgia to see some family and won't be back til after Dec 1.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey customer service lady any response to gift card request. You could send it email and save a stamp. Ya''ll been using a lot of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got an email with a link to my free $25. It was a surprise because the repair was completed weeks ago.

They took my key and replaced it with the new design. It was easy to add my old emergency spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I posted on an old forum about a clicking noise and key not releasing several years back. And now finally I get a letter telling me to bring it in to have shifter tested and replaced. I really wish they could have done this when I had it in for ignition replacement. They way they will only replace if you have experienced the trouble, well I have experienced it since I have had car and it's a 2006. And asked for input on this forum. Hope they don't give me any trouble about replacing. Have to go in Monday for them to check it out and then they have to order part. Don't see why thay can't order by VIN. I guess they don't believe me

·
Registered
148 Posts
why would the believe you after all your just a customer. but let us know how they did. i may want to get mine done. i have not yet had this problem but i would like to nip it in the bud if possible. i would like to know if they can actually tell if it is bad? or what that part they are fixing is and where is is located on the car? i can just fix it myself if i know where and what that part is. thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took it to dealer, guy walked out to car and looked at it for 10 seconds. Told me her was ordering part and would call back when it came in --about 5 days. It has been 8 days but not gonna push it. It is too cold to get out and go sit and wait to have it fixed. Maybe hear from him in a few days. Still don't know why he had to look at it when he had my vin number and everything. Instead of driving 40 miles I could of took a picture and emailed it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
They have to personally see the odometer reading I guess.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

That's what I was told at my dealer anyways.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.