Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a US News review of the Chevy Cobalt, and it mentioned the seat design is shared with Porcshe, and that design is the reason we can drive for long periods without back and leg fatigue. I hadn't before thought of it, but I have been driving for long stretches in this car that have made me a little sore in other cars. You can read the article for yourself in the link below.

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Interior | U.S. News & World Report

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think they're merely comparing seat comfort to that of a Porsche. I'd be pretty surprised if bankrupt GM worked with Porsche to have cross-platform compatible seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right that's what I meant, they have the same ergonomic shape. I was complaining about the lack of support but I actually realized that I'm not fatigued after longer drives. It's interesting to think that economic design can have advantages.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

That's not to say that they skimped on the design, countless hours when into designing the seats in these cars so that 96% of the drivers wouldn't be fatigued. It is an economy car but a good amount of effort went into designing it.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Being a firm seat, doesn't mean it isn't supportive. Quite the opposite, in fact.

German cars are notoriously "hard", but they also are comfortable. It all depends on the "kind" of hard. Hard is one thing, while firm is another entirely.

I always liked my stock seats - and moreso my G85 Recaros even more.

Reactions: chiaronate

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I never had a problem with the stock seats, sure I would rather have some lnf seats or even the Recaro but I don't have any complaints with these ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.