Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking to add a cold air intake to my non-supercharged cobalt ss. Just curious, for brands like K&N, JDM, AEM, and Injen, theyre all looking like $300-350.
Is this reasonable? Is it worth it?

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
No and No. Mine was around $200 and I thought that was ascinine for the gain you get. Search ebay for the lowest price, otherwise ZZP has a tubing replacement and then you get a K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does a K&N drop in look like? How much is it? And do you get that same kind of hiss sound when shifting from it?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
if your doing it for the noise you will need the whole intake sadly, so you'll have to spend the high prices lol

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
true

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I took out the silencer/resonator whatever you wanna call it and ive been asked if I have a cai a few times.

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, So I found a whole intake system from JDM for about 150 shipped to my door.

I'm just curious about a few things.. Do these actually add horsepower?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Not anything you ever notice, if you consider horsepower noise, then it adds some horsepower lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Screw horse power. Will it help the fuel economy?

At first no because your gonna wanna hear it. So no but Afyer a while yes a little bit I think I gained 2 mpg but I still give it a little extra bit just to hear it lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.