Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to forum and first time postee. My sons cobalt has a no start issue, he was driving the car and it quit. 2005 cobalt ss sc 2.0 l
Car would crank and fire for about 2 seconds and then continue to crank. Turn off key and try again and same thing.
No codes initially tested fuel pump fuse no pwr there tested fuel pump relay with key on only pwr to pin# 85 key on pin 87 showed 10.5 v pin 86 and 30 were showing direct ground
I read the great post on here by robert moitoza and perhaps i have a burnt trace wire on my fuse block board as he did amazing job finding anf fixing that robert!
But before i go any further i want to get some opinions on what to do next i have not pulled fuel tank to check fuel pump yet what are your thoughts??
Side note i tried to disconnect battery overnight and when i re connected it car will still crank but does not fire for the 2 seconds like before, i now get a p0230 code that i cannot erase just comes back immediately
P0230 is a fuel pump related code. Any help would be much appreciated i have a feeling this will be a electrical nightmare

Thx Geoff

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check the connections at the fuel pump ( Squirrels ). Can you hear the fuel pump relay come on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing on fuel pump relay no click or anything if i apply 12v to fuel pump fuse that should run fuel pump continueously providing fuel pump and wireing to pump is all good corect?
Is fuse downstream from relay? Is that a good test to try?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you swap that fuse? ( corrosion ) .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes tried swap fuse no change fuse is in correct slot read about that one, i tried putting 12v to fuse for a direct feed to pump no change guess i should drop tank next??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes tried swap fuse no change fuse is in correct slot read about that one, i tried putting 12v to fuse for a direct feed to pump no change guess i should drop tank next??
Any luck with dropping the fuel tank? I replaced my fuel pump because of the broken plastic lines from the fuel pump recall chevy had. It worked for a couple weeks now it takes a long time to build pressure.

Here is a video I did:

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.