Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got my TC grille kit from CED. Install was easy - did not have to remove the fascia to change out the grille.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/photoplog/index.php?n=303

http://www.yourcobalt.com/photoplog/index.php?n=305

To remove original grille: Lay on back reach behind grille and remove 2 phillips head screws with a stubby phillips screwdriver -- there is one screw on each side of the grille (yellow circle in picture) NOTE: some owners have reported that they had hex bolts instead of phillips head screws. Stand up and Remove 6 plastic retainers, 4 large ones that hold grille to upper radiator support and 2 small ones that hold grille to fascia (pull center pin up so that the base can be removed). if you know how to remove the rubber bumpers on the fascia next to the 2 small plastic retainers do so for ease of removal, otherwise leave them alone. Next remove the 2 10MM nuts that hold the bowtie on the grille, and remove the bowtie. Finally reaching from behind push the fascia clips gently out of the way as you push the grille in to separate it from the fascia -- work from one side to the other. The picture shows that I did not need to remove the fascia -- the fascia clips are red in the picture where I painted my center bar black. Paint those clips black also as they show through the TC grille. Install in reverse order.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/photoplog/index.php?n=304

http://www.yourcobalt.com/photoplog/index.php?n=306

Upper grille fits all models of the Cobalt.

Lower grille only fits SS and Sport models -- NOT LS and LT! You need the six clip nuts listed in the CED grille kit -- this grille does not "snap in" like the original SS/NA lower grille. 4 clip nuts go along the bottom and 2 on the top of the new lower grille.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks great!! Might just have to get one!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Might just have to get one for the upper section. I need to do something with my bowtie as well...either paint it or get one of those CF ones floating around that someone makes.

·
Banned
161 Posts
imo its a total waste of money

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
G5 GT owners may want to look into the new lower grille -- doesn't it match the current Pontiac split grille -- isn't it a diamond design?

Oops, the G5 grille is honeycombed -- the diamond might go with the honeycomb more then the "lined" grille.

·
Banned
384 Posts
ordered mine the other day =) should be here tuesday

·
Registered
142 Posts
So that center piece that the bowtie connects to sits in behind the front fascia and the bowtie goes through the fascia and into the grill.... correct? I have a 2007 SS/NA and it just looks a bit strange. If that center cross beam tucks behind the front fascia then it should work. I've never messed with the grill so just double checking.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So that center piece that the bowtie connects to sits in behind the front fascia and the bowtie goes through the fascia and into the grill.... correct? I have a 2007 SS/NA and it just looks a bit strange. If that center cross beam tucks behind the front fascia then it should work. I've never messed with the grill so just double checking.
correct - the bowtie goes into the fascia then the grille and then the fasteners.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing...In my pictures I have the center bar painted black. The fascia center bar covers the grille's center section.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, you have it right. I was looking at yours and it's black but I was assuming the fascia covers the grilles center section.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks Again Larry!!!

Thanks Larry.

I've bought from them before and as usual,,, Great, Professional Service!' Very Happy with my new grill kit from them and thank you again for your installation pics and help! That was a HUGE help and made my install very easy!!

GTO 1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.