Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving around yesterday and I pulled up at a red light to turn right. And the car in front of me appeared to be an N/A SS Cobalt. It was yellow with the low LT style wing. No body kit or even SS style bumpers. But what caught me off guard was The SS badge and V6 Badge on the trunk. Did GM ever produce a V6 cobalt?? I never got the chance to pull up next to the guy and ask if they just put the badge on them self.

Any answers?

it looked pretty legit. But reminded me of the G6 emblem

·
Registered
674 Posts
No GM did not make a V6 Cobalt, BUT... They do make the New Equinox and Terrain on the same platform as the cobalt only stretched. If you look under the hood, EVERYTHING is the same on the four banger models as the 2.4L cobalts. And they get a DI V6 as an option. So if people have the money, it Can be done.

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
****ing ricers...

"So that's the turbo rotary with pistons and headers, right? Mustang, GT-R, is that a special model?"

·
Registered
276 Posts
im not going to say i am upset but at the same time... we dont know who this is... we had a guy in town here where I am from who was probably made fun of for his cavalier that had a SC/V6 logo on it... but he was everything but rice... no bodykit, just lowered on coilovers and a grand prix GTP 3800 SC motor swap... so all i am sayin is in reality he very well might have been a true V6 swap.... are odds against him... hell yeah but still why do we get ourselves off to the idea of makin fun of him when all we know is that he was pulled up behind at a light?

·
Say What again!
6,011 Posts
The fact it has SS badges, when it's obviously not one is quite enough.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
fact is not allot of people would even go about putting a v6 badge on the car. Well I know me and a few friends if we had done a swap like that, which yes, is possible.. we would not put a badge on it. Only time I could see doing it is if it was a swaped v8 and than you wouldnt even need to do that cause people could just hear it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.