Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a cobalt ss wing for my 2006 Cobalt LT Coupe and was going to install it but now Questioning it because everyone seems to hate on ppl who do this to their cars. Whats you guys' opinion on it? I would think that it would look good.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
This all boils down to your personnal preferences. You should satisfy your taste. Sit it on the trunk of your car, look at it from every angle, take pictures, PhotoShop it, post on here for comments. But in the end it's what you like that matters. Honda drivers are never going to like it, but who cares, they drive a Honda! So you already know they have no taste.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think coupes look silly without at least the small one. I know it's not functional, it just looks naked without. The big one is ok, just don't expect much of a view out your back window.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
the SS wing is hideous, best one out there that looks clean is the RK sport 3 piece :)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
You know what they say giant wings are for on 4 bangers? No, it's not for downforce, it's a handle to push around your car like a grocery cart when it breaks down.

On a serious note, I agree with Mr. Bryant (Coby) it's a matter of personal taste, and it has to be something that you like and not something that you hope others will. If you want my opinion, I wouldn't waste the money on something which essentially is a cop magnet and a reversing hazard. It does brighten up the Cobalt's rear end though, so you might aswell tack it on now that you have it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That sex machine is a totally different deal.

I'd rock the **** out of any mid 80's whale-tail 911.

Still want a '73 RS before I kick the bucket :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha love the guy talking about Honda's since a civic was my last car. It always was broken. Got a good deal on the wing so gonna put it on and if not I could always put on the smaller one if I don't like it right?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
That sex machine is a totally different deal.

I'd rock the **** out of any mid 80's whale-tail 911.

Still want a '73 RS before I kick the bucket :)
Now that's a true driver's car. Light, sexy, overpowered and harder to handle than a hot potato. Spinning that thing out on a high speed sweeper is a right of passage for all 911 owners.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Haha love the guy talking about Honda's since a civic was my last car. It always was broken. Got a good deal on the wing so gonna put it on and if not I could always put on the smaller one if I don't like it right?
Or you could be a smart person and sell it?

Now that's a true driver's car. Light, sexy, overpowered and harder to handle than a hot potato. Spinning that thing out on a high speed sweeper is a right of passage for all 911 owners.
Yeah, two ply tires...200+ HP in a car that barely weighs more than what...2100 lbs?

Yes plz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.