Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worth getting one? I'm about to trade in one of my other cars.. and is thinking about getting a TC or SS.
Anyone know a good price range for one of these?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one has more power and cheap to mod? Turbo or SC? Going to look at some dealerships this weekend..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The Stock TC would crap on a bolt-ons blower car I'd be sure of that.

Granted, nothing is as intoxicating as a pullied M62 screaming in your face.

I wouldn't pay for than 13-15k for a SS/TC..and honestly I wouldn't pay more than 9-10 for an SS/SC...why not an Ion Redline?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not appealing to me.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
You live in the car...don't you?

Not the outside...

It's basically the same car with a better interior.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I'm going to spend money on something, it's going to be something that I like.
Otherwise, why'd you buy a cobalt instead of a ion?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
when you look into the parking lot you want to look at your car and say "yup that's mine" not "well it was cheaper so I bought it...yea I wish I would've gotten something I didn't regret looking at every day, BUT HEY!!! the seats are nice!"

also Saturn ions have the stupid and I repeat STUPID center dash instrument panel

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you can find a Cobalt SS TC loaded, no matter the color you will not regret it. And once you get the kinks out of it and mod it to your liking you will have an awesome car.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

There's a blue one in town with big fading SS decals on the side. It looks pretty neat. Wish it would stop long enough for me to take a picture.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The sc has a bigger power potential if turbo swapped. The tc can be tuned and make good power with just that and it will crap on a lot of cars out there after the tune.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when you look into the parking lot you want to look at your car and say "yup that's mine" not "well it was cheaper so I bought it...yea I wish I would've gotten something I didn't regret looking at every day, BUT HEY!!! the seats are nice!"

also Saturn ions have the stupid and I repeat STUPID center dash instrument panel
Exactly.
Thanks money man!

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Found a nice 07' SS/SC Black on Black
Looks really good, they want 11,9 but I'm going in with cash to try to get it for 8,5.
If they don't take it, I'll wait until the right opportunity!

·
Registered
297 Posts
In my modest opinion, I wouldn't even offer that to them. Save up some more cash and get an 08+ SS. You will be way more happy with a turbo. I found an 08 SS/TC with 93,000 miles for $9,990 near me.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm..
I'll keep looking!
What should I even pay for a 08 TC
With 50-60K miles?

·
Registered
297 Posts
From my research (I look for SS/TC's to drool at roughly every week) anywhere from 10-15k. They blue book for 15k with 50k miles. You can usually find them cheaper or talk down the seller.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm just save up my cash, I have around 9200 right now, if I could get one for that...
I'd be in heaven.
Was looking at jetta tdi's too.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Was also just thinking about dumping it on my Balt and have it paid off.. But I really want a TC.
2 car payments isn't bad at all

·
Registered
297 Posts
You don't want a Volkswagen. Especially pre-owned. They hold their value too well so you end up paying for a car with too many miles and if you need parts, forget about it. Imho, it's just not worth the risk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.