Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say does anyone here happen to know if there is a kitto make the cobalt into a elcamino ranchero type car? i saw a geo metro turned onto a car like that and was wondering if anyone has done this to the cobalt?

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
OMG! o_O wtf why like why? Ruin of a good car...-.-

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

If you wanted a bed in the back, why didn't you buy a truck in the first place?
if they bought a truck it would just be a truck..

Why not be unique and creative

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Not saying its not possible, its very possible. All it is is alil body work to were the trunk is and plastic bedding wood n screws n sealant

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Creative but horrible
THANKYOU!!! took the words right out my mouth bro!! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

If I may ask, when and if you get this project accomplished, what are your plans or goals for it? Basically what I'm trying to say is what will you be using this for? Your cotruck? Its not going to be much room of a bed like maybe 4-6 feet if your lucky..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Not saying its not possible, its very possible. All it is is alil body work to were the trunk is and plastic bedding wood n screws n sealant

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

THANKYOU!!! took the words right out my mouth bro!! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

If I may ask, when and if you get this project accomplished, what are your plans or goals for it? Basically what I'm trying to say is what will you be using this for? Your cotruck? Its not going to be much room of a bed like maybe 4-6 feet if your lucky..
You'd just extend the frame and whatnot if you wanted more bed. It would be a lot of work and you'd have to be a skilled welder and fabricator, among other things, to get it to turn out

Personally I'd just buy a small truck or even a regular truck.....or an el camino

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't know but that Comino SS looks pretty mean and I'm kinda jealous of people that can do this kind of beautiful work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That has to be production. Australian or something. The green one is the same, but base model. The black one is daaaaaamn nice though. If my raptor would fit in the back, i would be trying to import one for $50,000 i will never have. Lmao

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lots of good thoughts. no must be no one here has heard of just doing something to do it. yes not much room but hey the jeep has no room and look how many they have on the road. did anyone ever see the little geo metro converted into a small truck. not much room but it is a cute little car and it can be handy for the small hauling jobs send stiil get great mileage. and i have a truck but at 15 mpg with the s10 2.2 engine i figure the 30 mpg cobalt converted would serve my needs just as good. thanks agian for all the input. still waiting to see if anyone has the answer to it. thanks

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
lots of good thoughts. no must be no one here has heard of just doing something to do it. yes not much room but hey the jeep has no room and look how many they have on the road. did anyone ever see the little geo metro converted into a small truck. not much room but it is a cute little car and it can be handy for the small hauling jobs send stiil get great mileage. and i have a truck but at 15 mpg with the s10 2.2 engine i figure the 30 mpg cobalt converted would serve my needs just as good. thanks agian for all the input. still waiting to see if anyone has the answer to it. thanks
I put up a pic

·
Registered
20 Posts
Newsflash: The Cobalt is a unibody car. That means that there is no frame. The body provides the structure, and the front and rear subframes attach to it. If you cut off part of the roof, you are compromising the structural integrity, making it unsafe to drive. Maybe if you had an excellent grasp of engineering you could compensate, but why bother? If you need a beater pickup for occasional use, you can get an S10 or Ranger for $500. If you want that funky retro look, El Caminos and Rancheros are out there. Doing a home conversion of a Cobalt is a money pit that will give you nothing but grief.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Newsflash: The Cobalt is a unibody car. That means that there is no frame. The body provides the structure, and the front and rear subframes attach to it. If you cut off part of the roof, you are compromising the structural integrity, making it unsafe to drive. Maybe if you had an excellent grasp of engineering you could compensate, but why bother? If you need a beater pickup for occasional use, you can get an S10 or Ranger for $500. If you want that funky retro look, El Caminos and Rancheros are out there. Doing a home conversion of a Cobalt is a money pit that will give you nothing but grief.
I did not know this. Learn something everyday

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.