Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Wow, for him to say that he stuck with a supercharged cobalt, I would like to meet this guy in person, something tells me that he would think he could beat me... I won't do a 40 roll either, that would be too easy for me, I would do from a dig, track style. lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ That is speculating if it would be an even race....

And yeah Evos can hold even/ be good competitors, but regular Lancers... Hell no without a lot of work which would be pointless anyway.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
^ That is speculating if it would be an even race....

And yeah Evos can hold even/ be good competitors, but regular Lancers... Hell no without a lot of work which would be pointless anyway.
It wouldn't even be a race, my car would blow the doors off that dudes lancer lol. Lets see his 168 crank horsepower vs. my 320-340 whp...

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah exactly, wait you got the TVS installed???? ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it would be a lot fairer my cobalt stock against his car but even a fully bolted cobalt I think will take him buy a few lengths.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
yeah exactly, wait you got the TVS installed???? ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it would be a lot fairer my cobalt stock against his car but even a fully bolted cobalt I think will take him buy a few lengths.
Yup go her all installed, lol, should be saturday I will have up videos and photos in a build thread... mods are in sig... lol. I am going to need a new boost gauge eventually, the 20 psi one I have now just isn't going to work very much longer.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
lancers are nice cars. i probably woulda gotten one if they were not so god damn expensive. for the same power and less weight and much less money i got my balt. With the money i saved i can pretty much start buying a turbo kit for my balt :p but the evo is sick as hell, even the ralliart lancers are nice, and they would be fast if they were F/I too. just stock, they are quite a bit heavier than our cars I believe so less chance base moddel vs base model. think stock hp on that is like 158 or 162 depending ont he year. about the same as my 2009.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Yeah I would say track only street racing ftl... bad enough the kid doesn't realize he is going to lose from a roll.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Yeah the regular ones aren't that fast and even if you try to boost them or put any more money (mods) into the motor, including minor bolt ons, the bottom end will give out, they aren't very strong.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.