Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They get good gas mileage.. and the ss cars are nice, and sorta quick.. but in my opinion.. if you want it to go fast.. this is the best thing that you can get!

Ride in one sometime... you'll see what I mean..

LOL!:love:

Dont hate me!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

·
Registered
713 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, man. Some people like trucks with huge tires and jacked up suspension, yet I look at them and call them douche bags and make small penis jokes. We all like something someone else thinks is stupid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeap!!.. everyone around here thinks diesel trucks are race cars.. I think its retarded!!!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
yeap!!.. everyone around here thinks diesel trucks are race cars.. I think its retarded!!!
You live in the sticks too huh. :laugh:
Up here they like to put thier exhaust up to your window and rev. It never gets old...
I love watching rod the piss out of them and shut them off right away. Good thing they paid so much for those things. lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You live in the sticks too huh. :laugh:
Up here they like to put thier exhaust up to your window and rev. It never gets old...
I love watching rod the piss out of them and shut them off right away. Good thing they paid so much for those things. lol
Ohh yea.. when they rev their trucks up and then kill the engine it stops pumping oil through the turbo... therefore the turbo spins at say...10,000 rpm with no oil... and around here almost every diesel truck has a stove pipe, chimney, or alaskin pipeline sized stack coming out of the bed... Rednecks... take our tax money, don't work, breed their cousins... don't know what the world would be without them! lmao

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
cause doing 150+ is so damn fun and the look on "better" car drivers faces when I smoke them is priceless. Especially when I have paid, for the car and mods add up to way less than they got.

^^^
this is why most ppl spend the money they do on the cars they do
plus what cost more for insurance? a cobalt or a mustang cobra?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol i knew this would be a decent thread haha.... it is about what you could afford.. a fast cobalt thats cheaper and gets 30mpg.. or a kenne bell cobra thats 20 grand and insurance is a billion a month, that makes everyone within a mile wonder why the hell that car is on the road and not race only lol

I personally would rather just keep my car and save money and have a life instead of buying a cobra and setting yourself up for a terrible debt problem... but when i get a career .. bet your ass i will have something like it lol.. lsx chevys and modular fords ftw

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhh shiiiit ... thats fast!...buuuuuut !why not put up a fast balt?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could make my g5 like it! just gimme the parts and all the tubing and ill weld it up! lol $$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I ran a Cobra, it was a convertible, he got in trouble... I didnt haha. No idea if they come in autotragic but it sure did not go like i thought, even for a convert.

they are nice cars, wouldnt mind one. Not worried about insurance myself but my plans are alittle higher when that time comes.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Insurance is too high, Fuel consumption is extremely too high (The SS/SC already kills me enough at the pump), and LOL RWD with no weight in the ass in the snow. In the winter, the SS/SC is basically a sled. Meanwhile I see Camaros and Mustangs start to drift sideways just letting off the brakes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I prolly would drive a cobra or a cobalt ss thats turbo anyways in the snow.. everyone needs a beater..

But who needs insurance and gas money when you can have a whipple or kenne bell cobra! mmmmm

Convertible mustangs are heavy and slow...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I dunno man but i hate mustangs......would never buy one

anyways like others said, everyone is different. I think the cobalt is a great car to build, it's got tons of potential for many reasons...they're light, pretty cheap, even to build, and I find they look good. Especially modified SS' :D And it's great for those who want to start building small, with a 4-cylinder engine as opposed to starting with a v-6 or larger.

Plus boosted ecotec engines are just so damn efficient...

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
i beat every mustang i raced except my buddies 03 cobra.. granted he had 430 whp but my 2.4 turbo only lost by half a car and i was just getting started.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.