Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my door lock buttons dont work on either side with the door panels. they work fine with the remote and car starter remote. they lock when i move and unlock when i turn the car off. on the driver side the switch lights up, but the passenger side the light doesn't. i tried unplugging each one and tested them, but nothing. there is a black wire running in the doorlock fuse not sure if thats from the car starter alarm or not, i got the car used and this has been bothering me for a while now. could it be a grounding problem, can i ground them if that's the case? please help.:sad2:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
With any wires that run into the door theres a higher chance of a wire breaking right in the door jamb inside that flexible rubber hose. I've seen it probably dozen or more times. Most people notice the power windows stop working but it just depends on which wire breaks first.

So basically pull that rubber bit back and see if you notice any broken wires, id start with the drivers door since that one doesnt work it and no switches will work without the drivers one plugged in.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If it works with remote it has to be your switch assembly. Probably got rained in.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My passanger switch doesn't work and my driver will only lock then unlock the door. That I just live with, but I would suggest new switchs in your case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.