Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chevy Cobalt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ‘09 cobalt it has a little over 90,000 miles. Back when I had roughly 85 thousand, my check engine light came on. It was for P0449 and that’s the only code I have on there. My fuel vapor lines have been replaced, I got a new gas cap, and I still have the light on. Could it be that I have to replace the canister? I’m not exactly sure if that’s been replaced, I bought it from a family friend. Any help would be appreciated (I also checked the fuses and they were fine no corrosion).

·
Registered
22 Posts
so if i'm reading this right, the code was on since 85k and never cleared with a code reader? Even if you fixed the problem the codes need to be cleared.
Were the fuel vapor lines that are wrapped in heat shield looked at or replaced? Its near the drivers rear tire and rust out, you can't see the lines till you remove the heat wrap. But be warned, the gas line that is wrapped with it can start leaking just looking hard at that heat wrap. I just replaced the fuel lines on my 06 saturn Ion and 09 cobalt ss/tc. Saturn started leaking fuel when I opened the heat wrap to fix vapor line and I did the cobalt cause I saw how bad the Saturn was. It started leaking as I was removing it. So right call on my part. Anyway I'd start there. The vapor line can be replaced with 7/16th fuel line. The lines also get rusty up near the canister too. Evap leaks can be a real pain. luckily these cars only have about four parts to it.

·
Registered
2009 Chevy Cobalt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that has all been replaced. I tried clearing the code but it still won’t stay off. That’s why I’m thinking it’s more than what I believe. I did have a battery issue not to long ago and my entire car seized. The reason was someone at Walmart had wedged my tire iron under the one terminal causing a short. And the light came on shortly after that. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I’d still like that information known. The lady I bought it off of did get everything that was recalled replaced

1 - 3 of 3 Posts