Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my ECM or Throttle Body. I cleaned my TB, replaced fuel filter, cleaned my MAF sensor, check my spark plugs and the gap, checked my fuses. Still Nothing. Last night I replaced my TB. Still Nothing. Having replaced my TB, should I have the error codes cleared first then start my car? Is there anybody that can help me out?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What's the problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Cobalt won't stay on. She cranks, starts then immediately shuts off. The Driver Information Center (DIC) reads something like "Engine Power Loss".

Here are the error codes I got from AutoZone auto parts.
P0506
P0601
P0121

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
P0121 sounds like a MAF issue, do you have a K&N air filter installed on the car? The other codes I cannot look up since im not enrolled to ALLDATA Pro anymore. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
P0121 sounds like a MAF issue, do you have a K&N air filter installed on the car? The other codes I cannot look up since im not enrolled to ALLDATA Pro anymore. Sorry.
Uh! no. P0121 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Codes are all listed below on this site.

P0506 Idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error

Did you check all the fuses. Pull them out to check them.Might be ECM fuse.

P0601 means your ECM isn't working properly.

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/18037-official-dtc-cel-list.html

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
JGC06COBALT,

Let us know if you want your GM dealership to look into this for you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Uh! no. P0121 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/18037-official-dtc-cel-list.html
sorry man, ive been away from Powertrain codes for a while....im used to diagnosing Nissans with IPDM E/R's and VVEL issues, sorry again :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry man, ive been away from Powertrain codes for a while....im used to diagnosing Nissans with IPDM E/R's and VVEL issues, sorry again :(

Fuses are good.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
PCM/ECM too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PCM/ECM too?

Yes sir. This morning I disconnected the battery, when I got home from work reconnected the battery and attempted to start up my car. Did the same thing its been doing this whole time, it cranks, briefly starts and shuts off. But this time I caught a strong odor of gas coming from the exhaust pipe. I even check under the fuel tank for leaks and found none.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm at a loss from here, you need a mechanic.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yep I would agree with Coby on this one...Unless you have a vacuum tester, and CLT tester with a minimum 100psi air pump floating around. I would bring it in to a GM dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.