Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Coilovers are a great suspension modification. THey are adjustable in height, camber, stiffness, etc. The thing about them is for a GOOD set you are looking at 1200$+ And for springs 200-260 and shocks/struts like 600+ for koni's or about 300 for SS/TC struts

So for about 400 dollars more than shocks and struts, you can have fully adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coilovers are a great suspension modification. THey are adjustable in height, camber, stiffness, etc. The thing about them is for a GOOD set you are looking at 1200$+ And for springs 200-260 and shocks/struts like 600+ for koni's or about 300 for SS/TC struts

So for about 400 dollars more than shocks and struts, you can have fully adjustable coilovers.
Hmm, I checked them out on eBay and thats the price I found.
So, coilovers are completely adjustable to whatever height you want.
Ok, thanks, I still didnt GET them lol. Still a NOOB at most of this.

Ok, pretty much, whats the cheapest way of getting a noticeable drop to the ride? Without getting a POS.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Sportlines and stock struts lol But eventually you will need to upgrade your struts and shocks

·
Registered
802 Posts
i have the k-sport 36 way adjustable's on my car love em they have an adjustable spring perch so i can keep at certain bump and rebound with my spring's and the mount is adjustable so i can go lower with out messing with spring stiffness or softness... i personally invested in them cuz i do alot of track and auto-x racing and they are wonderful... but honestly if you dont plan on doin alot of track type stuff i would just do spring on stock strut's and call it a day

·
Registered
802 Posts
ooo and by the way the sportline's are superb springs had em on my 05 but dont expect to kit after that cuz of teh drastic drop

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the k-sport 36 way adjustable's on my car love em they have an adjustable spring perch so i can keep at certain bump and rebound with my spring's and the mount is adjustable so i can go lower with out messing with spring stiffness or softness... i personally invested in them cuz i do alot of track and auto-x racing and they are wonderful... but honestly if you dont plan on doin alot of track type stuff i would just do spring on stock strut's and call it a day
No racing at the track for me, at least YET.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
802 Posts
No racing at the track for me, at least YET.

Thanks for the input!
yah i love racing even in a slow car... but the sportlines on stock strut's give off an AMAZINGINGLY aggressive stance and would actually perform well for the track... and like some one said you could always upgrade to someone that's got some old ss/sc or ss/tc struts layin around for added performance and maintaining good streetablilty

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah i love racing even in a slow car... but the sportlines on stock strut's give off an AMAZINGINGLY aggressive stance and would actually perform well for the track... and like some one said you could always upgrade to someone that's got some old ss/sc or ss/tc struts layin around for added performance and maintaining good streetablilty
With the Sportlines, the car is dropped 2.5inches in back and 2.0 in front?

·
Registered
802 Posts
With the Sportlines, the car is dropped 2.5inches in back and 2.0 in front?
yah i belive so in the pic you can tell it's dropped significantly i tryed to find a pic of my buddys car.. he had the sportlines with some 15's with 195 50 r15 tires and they were sitti like rite on top of the tread

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yah i belive so in the pic you can tell it's dropped significantly i tryed to find a pic of my buddys car.. he had the sportlines with some 15's with 195 50 r15 tires and they were sitti like rite on top of the tread

That looks good!

I would really like to see someone with 18's and sportlines so i can get a REALLY good idea of what they look like.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.