Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pros and cons of both. i know of instances where lowering springs destroy your stock struts...just input your opinions...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Coilovers

Pros:
-Fully djustable (usually)
-Much improved ride performance
-Lower ET's

Cons:
-Expensive (only thing I can think of)

Drop Springs

Pros:
-Cheap
-Easy to install
-Gives car an aggressive look

Cons:
-Ride quality CAN suffer not always tho
-Some drop springs can actually raise 1/4 mile ET's
-Buying springs that lower the car too much can blow out stock struts
-Cannot adjust for track differences (auto x vs drag vs street driving etc.)

Hope this helps just what I believe are the pros and cons. I would save and buy a coilover kit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah you and i pretty much have the same mindset in this department... i'm just curious as to what others have experienced

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have had drop springs on two cars now (my mustang and my cobalt) and I can honestly say I'm gonna buy coilovers for my mustang and should have for my cobalt. I would invest in a good suspension system. My stang rides rough sometimes until I took off two of the quad shocks on the read end. It does ride better now, but I would def invest in a solid suspension system. Drop springs are more for looks than performance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B&G coilovers from Gravana Tuning purchased and in delivery.... will post pics when i get them installed...when i get back to the states around december...so wait patiently!

·
Registered
132 Posts
lol who knows they might.
they have a thing around if you can break into the 12's you get a vamp number, mostley mustangs but oh well, just curious lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.