Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back i bought a GMPP SRI and when i put it on and started the engine there was a very rough idle. I immediately shut the engine of made sure everything was connected and started it back up and it idled rough again. I gave it a few revs and the check engine light came on. I let it run for a while and the engine finally returned running smoothly. Does anybody know what cause my engine to rough idle?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Probably got some dirt in the MAF.. no biggy, if there are any problems just make sure you have it in the right way.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Something is not connected right. Make sure all connections are secure, no air leaks, PCV hose connected to valve cover, and rubber seal is around base of TB where the GMPP connects. Did you touch the MAF anywhere but where the connector goes? It is very sensitive to oil/dirt. Can you read the code -- probably a P0161 -- try getting the codes erased and check everything and then try again.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Clean the MAF, Disconnect the batterty for a minute or so, and reconnect it. Should be good to go after that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its the maf i had the same problem when i installed my intake on my cavalier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.