Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. Ive been looking around for a good cold air intake system. Problem is, mines a 2010. And every time I search for the model they only come up with usually around 05 to 07 model years. does it make a difference if its for the 2.2? :huh:

·
Registered
567 Posts
The year doesn't make a difference, 05-10 will fit.....I would personally recommend (along with quite a few others on here i would think) the Injen CAI system, I have had it since March and like it a lot. Bought it from Turbo Tech Racing for 290 shipped. I put a hydro shield on it also that cost me 30 bux.....here is a pic with it on a 09.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ram doesn't work until you hit 100mph and over go with cold air intake!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have a Fujita F5 and i love it! but it required slight customization to attach it directly to the intake manifold, so im going to have to say Injen is your best bet for cold air intake

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
imho the gmpp intake looks dorky, the cover around the filter... the way the manifold pice goes up then the rest of the tubing goes down... but thats my opinion, idk how it performs, prolly pretty good if that filter shield actually keeps the air cold

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

figured i might as well put my intake pics on here

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I also thought the gmpp looks tacky with the shroud, but I assume the air it takes in is cooler than say my K&N (and would work really well with a ram air hood). If I were to do it again I'd go injen. for the same price as a k&n you get sri and cai and you can choose or even try both to see which suits you better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.