Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've heard some bad things about our stock steering knucles cracking or buckling under more aggressive driving so I want to order a set of competition grade knuckles. Crate engine depot has them but they are 300 a pop so I was wondering if anyone knows where else they sell these?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
That probably will be going rate. Whenver you add "competition grade", "racing quality", or "aircraft quality" to the description of a part, the price skyrockets. Even though it probably is not significantly different from any other part.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure it won't be cheap but I know it used to cost 250 a pop but for some reason the price has gone up (on crateenginedepot.com at least). So I'm just trying to see if I can find anyone selling it for a bit less.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Unless you're doing heavy autocross, time attack or serious performance track driving, you won't stress the stock knuckles to failure. Plus anyways, from what I've seen, GM doesn't reccommend them for street use as they're too aggressive, and I'd imagine that the Recon station in Hawaii would have a field day with you over it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Pretty much all prices went up lately, the gas price increase and other world wide tragedies are affecting prices of everything. Businesses blame it on shipping costs and reduction of parts supplies.
Better buy whatever electronics needed or wanted now.l If you are looking at a new car, now is also time to buy, prices will defintely being going up soon.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a suggested alignment that you use if you are gonna race with these but from what I've read is that you can still get your stock alignment as well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.