Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt and I have recently been having major electrical issues with the car. When it starts up it seems very hesitant and almost forced, and the other day I went to turn the key in the car and nothing was lit up no indicator lights or anything. After messing around for about 20 minutes i discovered there was a big red 50 amp fuse in the trunk of the car by the battery, I pulled it out (there was a spark) and pushed it back in nice and tight (another spark) and when I placed my key back in the ignition everything lit up and my car started. But when it did the engine began to make a knocking noise and vibrated quite a bit, worried that one of the valves was misfiring i quickly turned the key and killed the engine, waited about 2 minutes and when I started the car at that point the engine was fine and it was if nothing had happened....

I dont know what is going on with the car but i feel like it really has to do with that rear battery and 50amp fuse. If anyone has any insight at all it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I would just do a quick check to make sure all other fuses are good and tight. It may have just been a random occurrence. Has it done it again?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That Big Red fuse is the "BCM" fuse. If you had no power chances are it was your battery connection that was bad, or your boost post is loose.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I always forget to say that because to me it's common sense to check battery terminals, although I always forget to mention the post under the hood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the second time it has occurred, and both times pull that fuse and pushing it back in fixed the issue, but immediately afterwards the engine had that rumbling vibrating issue, is that part of it? and what exactly is a boost post?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
under the hood on the right side you'll see a red plastic cap on your fuse box, pull off the cap and make sure the post under it isn't loose, if it is then it needs to be tightened

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When it happens does your radio still work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.