Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
altight here goes

everyone knows ive got an LS, i have an SS front bumper and lip i wana swap over, besided the bumper cover and lip, what else do i need, (foglight wireing, mounts, hardware, etc)... looking to do this legit.. no rigging can i buy a fog light wireing kit or do i need to make one?

thanks guys

·
Registered
567 Posts
You will need the clips for the lip.....and fog lights and harness for wiring. otherwise just use our old hardware off the LS bumper. the "splash guards and inner fenders will not bolt up on the very bottom but thats about it.....I just did mine about 3 months ago.....heres a pic for u.....

Have fun! It looks killer IMO!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You will need the clips for the lip.....and fog lights and harness for wiring. otherwise just use our old hardware off the LS bumper. the "splash guards and inner fenders will not bolt up on the very bottom but thats about it.....I just did mine about 3 months ago.....heres a pic for u.....

Have fun! It looks killer IMO!
All you need are the left and right lower brackets from the SS/Sport models and the bottom of the fascia will fit perfectly on your LS/LT.

Bracket in photo:

http://www.yourcobalt.com/photoplog/index.php?n=367

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sweet, good to know! Thanks man!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rockauto has the lower brackets for like 10bucks each

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Oh and where did you get your lip from? I'm hopping to get my bumper painted tomorrow and I am gonna get a lip soon

·
Registered
567 Posts
A friend of mine.....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to thread jack but where'd you get the bumper?
my friend has an 09 ss/tc same color as my ls... he bought a new bumper and i bought his oem bumper and lip off him

thanks for the help guys... as always YC is a great resorce

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Just wire the fogs to your parking lights or low beams. Or if you want the whole set up, get a relay, OEM switch and dash piece.
wireing the fogs to my parkinglights is not going to short nething out right?.... i as this becouse i wanna run a 30K hid setup in the fogs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
my friend has an 09 ss/tc same color as my ls... he bought a new bumper and i bought his oem bumper and lip off him

thanks for the help guys... as always YC is a great resorce

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

wireing the fogs to my parkinglights is not going to short nething out right?.... i as this becouse i wanna run a 30K hid setup in the fogs.
Nothing will short. I have them wired to my parking lights with HIDs, just make sure to change the parking light fuse from 10A to 15A, since the fogs originally have 15A.

And HIDs use 6A on start up so 6x2=12A > 10A but 15A > 10A so no problem. Hehe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rockauto has the lower brackets for like 10bucks each

I looked on rockauto but could'nt find any. Could you send me a direct link or something.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks. Do the fog lights just pop into place...?
The fog light holes in the fascia have clips molded in -- you slide the fog light housing into the hole and it locks in place. I do not know if when you buy aftermarket fog lights they came with the housing -- but if you get used SS fog lights they will slide in -- don't need to buy a bracket for them.

If you look carefully at my picture in post #3 on page 1 you can see the clips -- the "bucket" in the fog light hole was a tube I made and put slots in it for my air intake.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.