Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received an iPod car charger for my car, but a strange phenomenom occurs, when I turn off my car the little light on the charger still remains on! Anyone want to explain this? Not really a problem, I'm just curious.

And also is it safe to leave the car charger plugged in or should I take it out overnight to save the car's battery?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yea just unplug it when the car is off. When my sister borrowed my car, she plugged a cell phone charger in it that had a light on it and left it plugged in over night. Didn't seem to do much to the car battery cause the light on the charger was pretty bright. And it was a big light on the charger.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so it wont do much to do the car battery right? Cause I would really hate having to keep unplugging and replugging it since I only listen to my iPod.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
A charger's LED won't draw enough power to drain the battery unless you let it sit for weeks without running.

GM cars don't automatically kill that circuit. They never have.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My wife has a 07 Aveo LT and when her car is off, so is the cig socket but on my 06 cobalt, both mine stay on when the car is off.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My wife has a 07 Aveo LT and when her car is off, so is the cig socket but on my 06 cobalt, both mine stay on when the car is off.
The Aveo is a Daewoo... so it is wired differently than most domestically designed models.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you have something hooked up to the charger then ya, it will drain the battery over night (guilty). If nothing is hooked up, I wouldn't be concerned. I would just make sure the changer or whatever is taken out of the socket just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I leave my GPS plugged into mine all the time, never had a problem yet, and I've had the GPS since November 1st (my birthday...write it in ur calendar so u can buy me something next year, hurry up, write it down!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.