Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happened to people now days accepting Constructive Criticism? I think it's just GONE now days and once there is some, everyone gets their panties up in a bunch. Feels like everyone now days just tells other people what they want to hear to make them feel better about themselves and move on. Once criticism comes up, everyone gets all defensive and insecure like they got to prove something. What is really going on with humanity now days..

Once you stop telling them what they want to hear you're automatically an ******* or mean or something... people baby each other way to damn much

I'm not talking about the forum or anything just people in general.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I totally agree, I for one think being politically correct is the same as being a coward.

Stop sugar coating things, people need to grow a pair and learn to face the truth.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This is so true and i've brought that up on this forum before. I used the example of Shankbaby. Thi guy had probly the ugliest car on the forum, so many people were bashing him about how ugly it was, and about 6 months later what do ya know. he has one of the nicest cobalts on the site.

Constructive critisim is a good thing. You tell somebody there car looks good, and "not by style but to each there own" they think oh okay this is fine, meanwhile they've got an unpainted park bench sitting on there trunk or something. its just not right.
People always say if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything
i say if you dont want to speak the truth dont say anything.
This is a internet website, people could handle words i think.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I agree, just imagine how it is in the military. We have kids that are not used to being disciplined either and get all butthurt when they screw up and get yelled at. The old school military discipline system is gone because the new America cannot take criticism or discipline.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I think constructive criticism should be given when asked only. Let say someone posts their latest pics of their ride , I think right there would be inappropriAte to give ur criticism since the op isn't asking for any. Now if you want to say something or give an opinion then ask. "can I say something about your car?" you know, like that. At least op would know to expect constructive criticism. If he doesn't want any then don't give any.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Stupid people rarely take constructive criticism well. They're everywhere - be it this forum, your workplace, etc.

For intelligent people, constructive criticism is nothing but welcome. A good bit of advice, even if you don't like hearing it, can bring about positive change.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I completely agree...it's pretty sad how ppl get so butthurt over others ppls opinions. I don't mind receiving constructive critcism at all. Feel free to tell me anything u don't like about my car. I'll either a) take it and learn from it or b) laugh at how much of an idiot u r, lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I'm pissed off i cant get my ss/tc struts and shocks now :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I completely agree...it's pretty sad how ppl get so butthurt over others ppls opinions. I don't mind receiving constructive critcism at all. Feel free to tell me anything u don't like about my car. I'll either a) take it and learn from it or b) laugh at how much of an idiot u r, lol
You have too many doors. Jk. :laugh:

·
Registered
276 Posts
There's a fine line between constructive critisism and just being an ass. Unfourtunately some people don't know the difference, and then going over the internet with it blurs it all together. I agree with hailceasar, if it's asked for then give it. But don't keep forcing your opinion on someone just because you think they should do something differently.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think whenever you post a pic of anything on the internet whether it be a picture of yourself, a girlfriend, your car or whatever you better be ready for both positive and negative feedback. It's pretty obvious which mods will attract people to hate on your car (ie. lots of lights/neons, a non-SS badged as an SS,giant wing,etc) if you chose to do that then you should probably be prepared to get flamed. More than the person getting angry about being flamed (after all they put the work in and noone likes their car, it probably hurts) are the people who jump in and say "Dude, its his car let em do what he wants!" If it looks ugly I wont lie to make you feel good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i have no problem if i post a pic of my car up and people tell me that this thing is ugly, i need to get rid of that, whatever. but if i dont change what you dont like, then just leave it alone. obviously i got it on there because i like it and it looks good to me. you dont like it, thats fine. now i know you wouldnt do it. but dont keep going on and on about the same crap

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i thin what it comes down to is if you post something on the internet, the WORLD wide web. Be ready to hear anything and everything about what you posted. Its the internet, if you dont want to hear something bad about it dont post it. if you want to hear nothing but good things go out to lunch with grandma. dont post on the internet. Grow up and learn that your in the real world, and its unforgiving, harsh, and not fair at all. if you cant accept the fact that someone doesnt like your car, how are you going to accept the fact that you got fired, got denied, got dumped, etc.

i had a teacher in high school who would never tell anyone they were wrong, se can says what 2+2 and id say ben franklin, and she would say okay close, i think theres a better answer, or an answer that fits better. that made her the worst ****in teacher ever. she would confuse the class all the time because she would never tell anyone they were wrong. never gave constructive crtitcism on any of the papers we wrote. she was an easy grader, butwhen it came time for the state wide tests, everyone in the class was ****ed and did horrible.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I like constructive criticism. But the problem is, especially on the internet, it just turns into haters.
who cares if they hate on ur car. as much as ppl dont want to admit, ppl hate on someones car for a reason. maybe u should take it into consideration, or just ignore them, lol.

You have too many doors. Jk. :laugh:
lol :laugh:

ramphex I have a problem with you saying flat out negative stuff about my car in a flat out rude way
then just grow up and ignore him if it hurts ur feelings

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.