Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend some good bushings to replace my worn out one.
Right now its only the passenger side one that rattling , I figure I should replace them both. Any advise would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i got aftermarket ones that are the prothane my mechanic suggested which have grease fittings on them so every time i change the oil pop a lil grease in there and no rattle anymore

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Powell Control Arm bushings are the best on the market,not all that expensive either.

powellraceshop.com

NO ONE KNOWS THESE CARS BETTER THAN THE ALL MIGHTY JON POWELL
I went to Powells web site and didnt find them.
Any idea where I can get them at?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ill get ya the info.Hes also the guy that built the time attack Cobalt for GM.

[email protected]

Just tell him the specs of your car and what you want :)

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

On my car I have Powell Rotated mounts,Powell Rack spacers,Powell Hardcore bar and Powell Harness bar.Dont have the cash yet for the CABS

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Oh yeah,tell him Superbrowndude sent ya :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anything polyurethane won't last as long as the stock rubber bushings. Some people on css.net have them wearing out after a year. But if you plan on racing, they are firmer so that's an advantage.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I've heard a lot of bad things about the poly bushings as well. Just get stock replacements or spherical ones like willbeck recommends. The thing to remember is that with Spherical bushings you'll need to grease them every so often to prevent wear.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I've heard a lot of bad things about the poly bushings as well. Just get stock replacements or spherical ones like willbeck recommends. The thing to remember is that with Spherical bushings you'll need to grease them every so often to prevent wear.
The ones from Powell are sealed. No need for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.