Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have clicking sound in the front it might be the control arm bushing but it also could be the steering colum cuz its comon problem on cobalts, My car is 06 tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, but mine was on a 2006. The car had a horrific clunking npoise and shaking. Part was only $20 and not too hard to replace. Car still makes a clunking noise hitting bumps but not nearly as bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had an '07 cobalt before, now i have an '09.

one of the bushings on my '07 went out at only about 10,000 miles, and i didn't hit anything. they covered it under warranty

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do the bushings need to be pressed in? I'm thinking about going with some aftermarket ones just because.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have that same problem even when I hit minor bumps. What the hell i that? I want to get it fixed. It's annoying trying to drive around.

Mine is a 2008 LS by the way

·
Banned
164 Posts
I have that same problem even when I hit minor bumps. What the hell i that? I want to get it fixed. It's annoying trying to drive around.

Mine is a 2008 LS by the way
if it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer and tell them. It could possibly be the control arm bushings or strut tower bushings...mine was both lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah.. mine went under before 36000 too... seems to be a pattern here!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I started hearing it at about 28000. I hit 30000 a few days ago and I can't take it. I'll make an appointment as soon as possible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh and just to make sure there is no problem with the dealership, would anyone have an idea if very low tread would have anything to do with it? I doubt it but I just want to make sure so they don't give me bs and make me pay for it..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Low tire tread? That has nothing to do with a lower control arm bushing going bad.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Shocks and struts are wear items though so they wouldn't be covered under warranty as far as I know. The parts that I believe would be void are the steering rack, control arms, axles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Low tire tread? That has nothing to do with a lower control arm bushing going bad.
Sorry I knew it might have seemed a little like a stupid question but my dearlership is gay. I know this because they've charged me for 5 lug nuts and 5 bolts when I only have a 4-bolt pattern. I wanted to be prepared.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Alright, news from the dealership. I brought my car in yesterday morning and I told them to take a look at front right side of the vehicle and to look for something causing that thumping/popping noise. I asked them to check out the bushing like I thought it might have been. About 2 hours later I got a call and they told me my front sway bars were loose and that was the thumping noise I heard going over bumps. So my warranty covered that and now I have a thump free ride. How the hell they came loose I do not know.

·
Registered
750 Posts
With my car lowered and a full koni setup on it now. I have taken it to the dealership twice now for front end noise and they had to replace the control arm bushings each time. Everything is good for about a week or less and then they break again. I have also had problems with the steering column and i-shaft.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.