Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we all know, winter is around the corner, and for many of us it's already here. My question is, having an Injen CAI, should I do the SRI conversion before the snow gets really bad? I know any kind of deep water is a no-no, but would snow also be an issue? Is there any such thing as intake air being too cold? And should I do it before or after my extended roadtrip?

·
Registered
42 Posts
you should be fine. the only thing you need to be mindful of is big puddles of slush, the water may be deeper than it looks. being from florida ive never ran a cai, to much rain for me to be comfortable. its all how comfortable you are keeping your cai.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd just rather run the SRI all the time anyways.

Hot air = better MPG's, so I'd sacrifice the LOL gains with a "cold-air intake", which might be 1.2482639 WHP.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Internet sarcasm fails you, son.

I'm just saying the difference a "cold-air intake" makes over a "short-ram intake" on a car that makes 130~ WHP, will be worthless.

If you notice anything more than a difference in noise, well then...you're a master.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you are affraid of inhaling water just get a hydroshield.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
For the CAI gurus, if you so happened to come across a large puddle with the fear of that dirty water getting pumped through your motor, you should be fine. Just don't gas it going over it, for the manual transmissions, set your shifter to neutral before the splash.

Too much water can hurt the engine, but a small dab of it will clean off some of the carbon build up on top of your piston.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cold water can warp brake discs. I try to let them cool before I go through a sudden splash if I can. Just had a pair machined on my wife's Bonneville bc of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.