Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sure looks like it, have you tried tightening it a bit?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

And that's not a coolant leak, I beleive that's transmission fluid at that point.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
How loose was it? an 1/8 of a turn 1/4 turn?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Have you figured out what you are leaking, tranny or coolant? that would help pin down where it is coming from. Also, have you found where it's coming from any drip marks on the chassis or something?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i've seen them start to seperate from the plastic rad tanks and leak quite a bit

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the top one I can see it drip when the car is on but it's at the start of it not where the threads are

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Has to be, how much tranny fluid are you lossing?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wow, have you looked into replacement parts or costs?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No. I'm not sure what to do. I drive 100 miles a day for work and I don't know exactly why it's leaking

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
that is my biggest fear and exactly why Friday I pack my life into a 26 ft. trailer and move 20 minutes away from work!

Good luck to you bro, I feel for ya. At this point I would just bring it in if you dont know what it is and wont have time to fix it. Borrow another car for a day and leave it with a trustworthy mechanic, ie not the dealership!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol I was leaning more towards the dealer:/ and I'm moving closer to work as soon as an apartment in the place I want is available lok

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yat coby? I would think you would know how to fix this, you know more about cobalts than anyone:)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I was expecting him to chime in too. Must be napping, rough being retired you know!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.