Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently flushed out my coolant system for the first time and everything seems to have gone smoothly, but there is one thing thats troubled me.

I started with it on ramps, but then leveled it out when I realized I could reach the radiator plug. I drained it, flushed it with water and a flush/cleaner I bought, and proceeded to refill it with dexcool. The thing I noticed though is that it didnt take nearly the 6+ liters I believe I read is the capacity for that.

Id say I got one whole gallon of 50/50 prediluted in there and maybe one liter more...if that...so thats like 4.75 liters total. Its been over a week and things seem fine; temps are normal, cold temp level is where it should be, nothing funny happening, but I thought I should ask before something does possibly happen.

Could I somehow have an air bubble somewhere or anything like that which would block things from filling up or am I somehow misinformed/confused?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
not a car coolant expert, but in my experience with water cooling computers air bubbles are likely in there, but a 1.25L displacement is unlikely. I'd just keep an eye on it and your temps.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
The other stuff is probably in your engine block.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Yeah, that would be my guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.