Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres the DL, i had to drop the sub frame motor and trans to replace the trans sensors (07 2.2) well its been about 6 months cause we were in the middle of winter and what have you and i finally got everything put back together but now its overheating, theres two lines that feed to the reservoir (one to the bottom of it prob an inch and a half wide I.D. and the one on top of it maybe 3/8 wide) can anyone tell me of thats just an over flow tube on the top or did my retarded self forget to plug up a coolant line somewhere, im trying to figure out this before i got and just buy a thermo butni cant for the life of me remmeber the coolant hose routing

·
Registered
156 Posts
I believe the smaller hose you are talking about would be a return hose to the reservoir. I’m not even sure there’s any other ways to connect the hose. The larger hose feeds the cooling system and is where the coolant goes when you fill the system.

Make sure the fan is coming on. Mine recently took a crap and it would start to get a little hot, 214*-224*. It would run at low speed, but wouldn’t run at high speed.

I did have to change the t-stat last year though as it was getting too hot even when the fan would run. There was a rubber seal where the t-stat opens and closes that was very deteriorated also. I’m guessing it was just old. Also flushed out the Dex-Cool and put in the yellow Prestone.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yes the smaller hose is just an overflow return, helps venbt trapped air back to the reservoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts