Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been thinking about some other cheaper ways to add a little something to my engines look and one thing Ive noticed in pics of my engine bay is that the coolant tank looks like crap. The windshield wiper fluid tank(the part you can easily see) is also not much help in terms of "eye candy" either.

I havent brainstormed much in terms of color and or design, but I would like to try and do something. I know I can buy fancier caps/lids, but Id like to "upgrade" the tank or at least the looks of it if possible.

this is a side view of what my engine generally looks like now. ID like to try and do something with that ugly yellow brown tank if possible.

If I found a color/design which looked good, Id consider maybe even adding it to the brake fluid tank as well. Oh and yes, I know the fluid levels must also be visible. Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
674 Posts
when you paint, take a piece of electrical tape, and put on a side where you want to be able to see the level, and then tape a strip the length top to bottom of the tank, then trim the edge with a razor blade to give you the desired lines for your "site window" then paint, and then remove tape after paint is dry.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
^^^ Just what I was thinking. I guess you could paint them with Krylon Fusion, but I don't know what temp it's good for or how it will react to engine fluids spilled on it.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Jeez now we're painting coolant tank?!

I'd say leave it alone. Not even ricers from f & f were painting those. I'd say leave it alone

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
you're engine bay looks nice. and I actually agree with the paint idea. I've thought about doing something like that with my tank but idk. yet. I don't see what's so bad about painting it. It looks crappy without something done to it. I really like that you painted your intake deal below the throttle body. that is nice. I'm all about detail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.