Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer average temp of my car was 89c which is fine, but my thermostat went so i bought a new one it fit fine but it wasnt the right one, now the car is usally right around 60c which is hardly enough to get warn, i read that your supost to use 50/50 dexcool coolent but i used this green concentrated stuff that i mixed with water, is this causing to car to run cold? And the temp dont stay at a staedy number like it used to

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
WOW, never use the green stuff in a GM. Especially never mix the two. You need to flush the system a use recommended GM coolant. I hope its not to late because that green stuff eats away at the head gaskets.

If you install proper thermostat you will attain proper temperature which should be 89°C.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
get rid of dexcool...it causes leaks...
:unsure: If you get rid of Dexcool you void your warranty. Why would you want to do that? What proof to you have??? Head geasket deterioration and clogs has been linked to people adding coolant other than Dexcool to their reservoir.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Dexcool is perfectly fine now - the old stuff was a bit harsh on seals, but the new stuff is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.