Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously owned a 2007 Cobalt. I'm now looking at a 2008 Cobalt LT, but while test driving it, the "Cooling Mode On" light has come on 4 times. It's still under warranty, but the dealer said they have not been able to find anything. In fact, the light has not come on for them. I'm real leery about purchasing this car. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it serious? Can it be fixed? What exactly is going on? Thanks.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've never seen the light on mine, mine's a 07 tho

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Yeah, not really in favor of buying "we can't figure it out" problem cars from a GM dealership. I mean seriously, if they cannot find and fix the problem to sell the thing, they won't be able to find it later...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cooling Mode On light

Thanks for your input. It turns out that when the car was brought in the dealer was told that the "Check engine light" was coming on. When I told him that it was the "Cooling Mode on" light he said that it is normal when the weather is warm and that it is not a big deal.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Really? We had almost a month of over 100 heat index here in Tennessee this year, and I have never seen that warning on my car. Unless the car has been driving around on the planet Mercury I think he's making that up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.