Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm looking to get a cobalt. I've been looking into getting a sedan cause the cobalt coupe doors are heavy and four door is easier to get into, plus cheaper insurance. With that being said, I think the coupes look better by far. I'm torn between looks vs practicality. Any advice?

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
I mean, I guess it depends on how often you need to use the back seats. The cars are identical inside, aside from rear headroom being slightly less due to the coupe's sloping roofline. The rear seats mount pretty far down, so even when I sit back there to clean (I am 6 foot tall), there is tons of room.

The doors are slightly heavier, but not that bad - we're talking much lighter than the doors on my '86 IROC or my '81 Z28. Easier entry into the front seats, but a bit tougher to get in bad. The trunk on either is massive, with a tiny little opening, though the sedan's is larger.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think the sedan is way more practical and better looking. I dunno. I just hate coupes. They're not practical at all. I hate the inconvenience of flipping the seat forward so passengers can access the back seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
My coupe is practical for me, but I'm Single and rarely use the back seats. Also, the tail lights look way better on the coupe, than the sedan!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've always liked the practicality of sedans. Easier to load cargo in the rear seats, easier to load passengers. Plus there is more trunk room with a sedan. Although 2 doors are WAY more sporty and the tail lights look better.

It all boils down to personal preference really!

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Plus there is more trunk room with a sedan.
Same cargo capacity between the Cobalt coupe and sedan, 13.9 cubic feet. Just a larger trunk opening.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Yes - the trunk is honestly...pretty damn massive. You simply cannot get anything in it, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Anything large has to go in through the interior, with the seats folded. I have to take the seat backs out to get my sub box in.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
That seems awfully inconvenient. Mine is huge, but does come out, with a lot of work - yours might too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i keep hearing the sedans are cheaper than coups for insurance.

Ive owned both and never had a coup be more expensive than a sedan.

Is this really a thing or just something people have been saying for years?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coupe' Single, Pair, Views...
Sedan Family, taxi, convenience...

I have a coupe' and I like my coupe'
They both can look good tricked out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I prefer a coupe manual the 4 speed trans feels sluggish for my taste i like being 100% in control. That being said i couldn't imagine a sedan manual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.