Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my map light bulbs is burnt out. I couldnt for the life of me pull the bulb out and didnt want to shatter it using pliers so I just sucked it up and used one bulb for about a year. Well I'm sick of it! I couldn't see a damn thing in the back (even when both bulbs worked) so I got some 6000k LED strip lighting and put a strip in the font and back just at the edge of the roof lining. You cant see it from the outside due to the black lining on the glass, or from a sitting position in the car. These are tied into the dome light so they go on and off automatically like the map lights do

I also put a strip in the trunk and tied it into the trunk light.

Pics:

Before in the back seat with just one map light bulb

After strip lighting

You can see the fiberglass work I did this summer as well surrounding the amp and speakers. And the sheet is for my dog...its muddy out :notrust:

Before in the front seat with just one map light bulb

After strip lighting

Trunk with single OEM bulb

After in trunk

Shot of lighting in trunk

·
Registered
170 Posts
nice looks good! super bright!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I didn't like how bright it was for the first few days, but its completely normal now, and I don't know why I waited a year to do it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks sweet! Going to put any under the dash?
no none under the dash. I did that in highschool in my first car with black lights (and in the air vents with red and yellow) and that looked really cool, but its distracting and completely useless. I may do some under the hood since theres no light under there at all, but I'll have to look into the temperature threshold first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.