Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here and hope someone can help me with two questions about my 09 2LT Cobalt.

First of all, yesterday was the first nice day here in Western PA that you would want to have the sunroof open for a while. Now, when it is in the closed position it rattles with every bump in the road. I don't mean huge pothole either, I mean every little piece of gravel I run over I get a vibration in the sunroof that causes the rubber edging to squeak horrible.

It's gonna drive me crazy. In the fully closed position I can push it up about a quarter of an inch, that seems like a lot of free play to me. Any ideas about this? I hate to take it to the dealer for a day because it's just a pain.

Second, anyone have any idea at all about getting the inside door panels off? I want to replace the speakers and simply can't figure out how to get the pannels off this thing.

Any and all help is appreciated on both accounts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. I will post some pics in the pic thread once the stereo install is done.

Lotta work on that job, at least more than I bargained for.

New:

Head unit
Front Component speakers
Rear speakers
Two amps
Subs/box
Bluetooth
XM unit
Wiring module to keep the On-Star working ($119.00, who knew?)
And of course all the wiring is making my head hurt.

I never thought this would be a 10 hour job, not including figuring out the door panels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thank you gentlemen. I will post some pics in the pic thread once the stereo install is done.

Lotta work on that job, at least more than I bargained for.

New:

Head unit
Front Component speakers
Rear speakers
Two amps
Subs/box
Bluetooth
XM unit
Wiring module to keep the On-Star working ($119.00, who knew?)
And of course all the wiring is making my head hurt.

I never thought this would be a 10 hour job, not including figuring out the door panels.

Thanks!
sounds sweet man we gotta see is asap

·
Registered
610 Posts
just take it to the dealer it should be taken care of under your warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.