Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After my recent purchase of my Kenwood DDX512 I decided it was probably a good time to install my aftermarket Audio Pipe speakers I had purchased earlier in the season. I had already installed the front ones but held off on the rear ones due to the amount of work required. This past weekend I got ambitious and decided to just go ahead and install them. However none of the inside speakers are amped yet. While I had everything torn apart I decided I might as well at least recover the deck lid with the black suede I used on the door inserts. I was going to paint some of the panels as well but decided it was too much work for one night and decided to put it off for a later time. Anyways here are some images of the new covered deck and the new speakers.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
that looks really cool. I should do that, goes good with orange and black.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks really nice, i've been wanted to do this, did you notice it get hotter in the car with the sun out?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I am going with an orange and black theme and this helps ties things together. I got the fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics. At the time I think I got last of what they had in stock of it. I think it was around 1.5 yards and cost around 20 - 25. As for heat, didn't notice any significant change but I have noticed that it reduces the glare on the rear window from the sun. The black doesn't reflect the sun back at the glass as much.

52 Posts
What about pics of the rest of the interior? Just curious about the door panels :) Needing some hew ideas here. tired of the monotone grey, ick!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The neutral color I have painted most of it a smoked gray color. There is a line in the panels that run all the way around the inside so above that line I painted everything black for a 2 tone look of sorts. The back isnt all painted yet but the front it pretty much done except for the A pillars I think I might paint black or do suede on them as well. Here are some pics of what its looking like currently (don't mind the mess, she needs to be cleaned).

First off the color is hard to determine what it really is so here are some comparison pics of the lighter stock color and the new smoked gray color

Here are some pics of the front

Here are some of the back

Hope these give you some idea of what is going on with the inside of the car

52 Posts
very nice. Thanks :) I want your stereo, lol.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just installed it over labor day weekend brand new kenwood ddx512 $550 but money well spent I love it. Because of the radio I got a CompuStar alarm installed soon afterward, hence the led on the dash trim

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks good ....You should do the rear head rest delete

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking about it but I dont know if i would like the way it would look. If I did do it i think i would have to fill in the holes in where the head rest poles were and then paint the cover black to somewhat blend in with the rear deck so it didnt look out of place

·
Registered
97 Posts
find some orange that matches your paint and hit those panel inserts in the back with it.. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was thinking about doing that to the outside ring of the inserts and then the middle paint with the smoked gray color or black

·
Registered
97 Posts
even better lol
-----Added 16 Sep 2008 at 07:59:55-----
your orange dash trim is so shiny. i love it. i hit mine with silver cause my theme is silver and black but i cant get it that shiny no matter how much i sand, prime, and clearcoat lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
your orange dash trim is so shiny. i love it. i hit mine with silver cause my theme is silver and black but i cant get it that shiny no matter how much i sand, prime, and clearcoat lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i had mine professionally painted, the stock orange color that it is painted actually has metallic flakes in it, and i use McGuire's detailing spray to clean it. Cant remember if i waxed it or not but i might have just once

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.