Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cracked my oil pan on my 2010 Cobalt (2.2L) today on an unseen chunk of ice. What other years and models oil pans will fit this? Work at a GM dealership and a new one even at my cost is about $160. Just trying to find a used one. Thanks

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I was told any 2.2 ecotec will work when I cracked mine late November. The new gm one I bought had nice cooling fins on it so I was happy I bought new.

Took me 1.5hrs tops.

Buy a new dipstick tube before you do this job. Mine snapped off and from looking online it seems to be pretty common, and if yours doesn't break you can return it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The pan bolts, dipstick removal, one or two bolts in the Ac compressor, and a couple bolts going into the trans.

There's a oil pickup section in the pan where it meets the block that needs sealant applied or else you'll have low oil pressure and possible engine damage.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Must have been some chunk of ice! Money man, are these ever good to pick up at the scrap yard?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Can't see why not. A lot of them have sludge on inside so you'll want to clean them out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
they are 94 bucks brand new on gmpartsdirect... i have one on the way i hit something driving to work early one morning and knocked a hole in my oil pan and tore the heat shield off of my exhaust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.