Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been answered, but if so I was not able to find the thread. I am still up in the air about whether I am going to put in the time and money to buy and install a supercharger on my LE5, so I am thinking about the other mods that I can do. I know that a CAI and exhaust/headers will give me at least 15-17 HP gains, but will changing the crank and alternator pulleys really make a difference? I am looking at getting the pulleys from MRZ performance as well as the shorter serpentine belt. Would I need to change any other parts in order to replace the pulleys? What mods should I start with? Sorry if the post is too long, I just want to get all of the info that I can before emptying my bank account :amuse:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Save the pulleys for last. The power gains are very minimal. The most noticable thing you get with the pulleys is that you can get your rpms up much faster. Go with an intake and full exhaust and a Trifecta tune. Pretty sure you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save the pulleys for last. The power gains are very minimal. The most noticable thing you get with the pulleys is that you can get your rpms up much faster. Go with an intake and full exhaust and a Trifecta tune. Pretty sure you won't be dissapointed.
Thanks, just what I was looking for. I live in Southern California.....anyone know any good tuners down here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.