Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 Chevy cobalt LS 2.2 it ran fine. Then one day I went out to start it and it wouldn’t start. A friend diagnosed it as a fuel pump. I got a new fuel pump and I had it put on the car. It still will not start. I had it towed to a auto repair shop. They called me with the diagnosis. The auto repair shop told me that I had no compression and that cylinder three was leaking a small amounts of coolant into it. they also said that I jumped time. I purchased gaskets and a timing kit. I had it installed. But my car still not starting. Also the check engine light is on constantly. I put a scanner in it and it says no codes. The scanner says mil light error. Mil light off, Engine running. My mil light is not off in the engine is not running. I’m stumped can someone please help me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get it running?im having the same issue. Sounds funny when cranking like it’s not really turning the
engine over. I have no codes coming up. Starter is working good when I removed and tested it,all fuses are good,ECM is working,timing chain is turning,injectors are spraying gas into the cylinders. Figured for sure afyer all that,that it was the ignition coils/boots,but just changed all 4 and still no go. I’m stumped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts