Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and primarily coby7 I’ve been a long time reader on the forums and have 2 08 ls cobalts my car the Manuel has been having some codes and issues with rpms quitting, jerking and sometimes stalling. I have read it could be a few thing like grounding tcm which I can do tomorrow I also replaced fuse 25 I have 3 error codes showing as I have replaced my ckp and doing a relearn at dealer in morning... some guy was saying something like I need to Marry the parts but I never have heard of that... help!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I did just see the fuse 25 today which was extremely dark in color and haven’t noticed jerking yet but no Rpms

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Those codes relate to sensors all fed by the same voltage. You may have a frayed wire in the harness going to these. Maybe the protective loom has deteriorated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that sounds right the plastic cover around the wires is falling away would you get the relearn this morning it’s 90 usd

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Relearn might not work if wire problem still exist. If the car starts and runs, I'd wait until you have no codes after clearing them. Plus your car will re-learn the crank position sensor over time if the engine goes through rpm range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you for the advice I’m going to ground my tcm cause it’s can’t hurt and check all my wiring out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.