Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAIL DAMAGE!!!

every time i do some kind of mod to my car... something happens to it. never fails.

but anyways... my 09 cobalt suffered 1650 worth of hail damage a couple nights ago.... whats the chances the ins company will fix it or total it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i will wait till the next hail storm then lol they weem to happen about every 2 weeks to a month tops. its so dis-heartening to watch golfball size hail bounce off your car :(

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i think the cost to repiar it has to exceed 75% of the worth of the car to consider it totaled.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well i had 10K of work as far as parts and labor on my car. 07 cobalt 3lt. 20K after tax, title and license. i know thats not 75% but i thought if the frame was damaged bad enough it was totaled?

·
Registered
37 Posts
umm.. 20k for a cobalt?? i dont know bout you but i bought mine brandnew and paid 15k and im in virginia.. id be buying an acura rsx or tsx for 20k

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well i live in a small town where there's no competition between dealers and i didnt have the base package.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
HAIL DAMAGE!!!

every time i do some kind of mod to my car... something happens to it. never fails.

but anyways... my 09 cobalt suffered 1650 worth of hail damage a couple nights ago.... whats the chances the ins company will fix it or total it?
During "hail season",, I keep 2 large thick padded quilt like blankets folded in the trunk, just to cover the hood, top and deck lid. If I'm located in a place without cover, takes about 30 seconds to cover those areas with these. Have done this 3 times. Damage to surrounding cars,, but mines OK!!!

GTO 1

·
Registered
610 Posts
man, for 20k you might as well bought an SS.

During "hail season",, I keep 2 large thick padded quilt like blankets folded in the trunk, just to cover the hood, top and deck lid. If I'm located in a place without cover, takes about 30 seconds to cover those areas with these. Have done this 3 times. Damage to surrounding cars,, but mines OK!!!

GTO 1
very vey smart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.