Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with the GM paints? I have a 2007 LTSedan with 53,000 miles and have a feakishly high amount of paint chips on my hood and on the front bumper before replacing the bumper. I have a 2000 Dodge Ramwith 3 times the mileage(most country milage) and do not have but a few paint chips. Even the fiberglass hood that was painted by MAACO in 2004 and installed in 2004 does not have but 2-3 chips in the paint. Took it to the dealer when I found the first two 5 months after buying new and they said it was not their problem. I love my Cobalt, but it is now wonder why GM is going into the toilet, poor quality of the products.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have 06 LS Coupe, paint is perfectly fine

·
Registered
802 Posts
i'm sure in same way it's your fault and your angry for being a poor owner... but all in all sorry to here about... i remember one night wen i was riding behind my buddy with a bagged s10 and he started to scrape on the block and throw spark's on my shit... it was kool but ruined my front bumper with chip's but add's character and looked kool

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the Balt is babied, just alot of driving, I stay away from semis and routinely wash and wax. Like I said the new bumper with about 10,000 miles has no paint problems, as opposed to the numerous chips on the hood within 6 months of ownership (all street driving). My Ram has 140,XXX miles mostly interstate and true country driving, and a little off road stuff as it is my Jeeps chase ad tow vehicle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine is horrible on the front bumper. Paint on the car is fine.

Kinda makes me wonder if it was in a wreck....

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i baby it and have lots of chips :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
i bougth mine and it had chips all on the pass side. I know the owner of the dealership were i got it. They are repainting the whole car right now:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the same car with about the saame milage. I do not have any noticeable chips. I do have a slight scratch on the front bumper where an elderly lady used my car to "feel" her way into a parking space!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine isn't even a year old and there are some chips on the hood from rocks and you can see metal. Its almost like there is this TEENIE little bit of paint on the hood, hell a big ass southern mosquito might chip the front of my car. So yeah, i move away from trucks with rocks/crap in the back just for that reason. Time to go get some touch up paint... :notrust:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.