Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post to this forum and I wouldnt normally be here had I not smashed up my new car :(

I was driving to work Thursday morning when I hit a patch of black ice. Lost control and smashed into a curb and hopped up onto the sidewalk.

I have been waiting to hear from the insurance company for 5 days now and am unsure what is going to happen with my car. I have some pictures below, basically I'm wondering if this car will be a write off. If its going to be expensive to fix, ect. I am a noob when it comes to cars so I thought I'd ask here. Any information, suggestions, would be much appreciated! Thank you.

It looks like I punched the passenger side wheel back up into the wheel well. There may be a little damage to the actual wheel well itself too. Rim is bent as well. That is all I know.

Thank you for replies. I miss my car.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
well your whole suspension assembly n god knows what else, is junk..

my car was in a similar accident before i bought it as a salvage.. its not going to be a cheap cheap fix but its not totalled by the looks of things

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Are those all-season tires? That's minor damage and unless you have replacement insurance they will not write that off. Lower control arm, Knucle maybe a strut and a tie rod . Some paint and it will be just like new. No blown airbags, they won't write it off. 3200$ if they use all new parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup all season - stock tires. And I have replacement insurance so I should be good to go. I heard from the insurance company today and I'm heading in there after work to sign some paperwork.

Thank you for the replies.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So they are replacing the Car???

That is going to be a nice salvage for somedody.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Glad you're okay! Hope things go smoothly in sorting through the insurance information.

Sarah
GM Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.