Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of pics from December when I mocked up the 306 crate engine that will be going in my 72 Mustang coupe!

It's a 302 block bored to 306 with a performance cam and hydraulic lifters, aluminum ported and polished heads, Edelbrock RPM Performer intake and 650 ccf carb. Also added Pertronix billet distrib and Hooker Stainless headers in order to put down around 400 HP! She should be one bad girl when finished! :nuts:

I still have to put the water pump and fuel pump on but there is still alot of work to do on the car itself first!

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I first saw this I was like WOW he is going to put this in his cobalt! And then I read its for your Mustang. Looks good tho.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first saw this I was like WOW he is going to put this in his cobalt! And then I read its for your Mustang. Looks good tho.
If I was going to put a V8 in the Balt...I have a 383 stroker sitting in the garage too! LOL

It's going in our late model dirt stock car! Unless I drag home a nice GM rolling chassis that needs a new heart!

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love them too! I could be happy just building engines and not messing with the car its self! LOL

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd love to own a V8 someday, reguardless of hp. You can get a 4cyl or V6 and make tons of HP with better Mpg but they will never sound like muscle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.