Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 cobalt LS without cruise. Is it possible to put cruise on from a junk car??? If I change the steering wheel controls are the wires thier in every car or would I need the whole harness???

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You'll need the wires that connect the bezels to the clock spring.

Check the BCM connector for pin position 61. If there is a grey wire in there, the car should be able to have cruise with just the new switches and a reflash. Otherwise, you'll need to manually run a wire from the clock spring to the BCM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. I will look. Also I took the air bag off and saw that there were only 3 wires coming from the info and reset set switch that are on my cobalt and the one in the junk yard has 5 or 6 wires that go to the clock spring...is it possible I may be able to just change the switch and plug the new one into the clock spring (looks as though it may just plug in)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car left for college but will check when it returnes in two weeks...thank you for your replys and will be in touch

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thank you for the info. I will look. Also I took the air bag off and saw that there were only 3 wires coming from the info and reset set switch that are on my cobalt and the one in the junk yard has 5 or 6 wires that go to the clock spring...is it possible I may be able to just change the switch and plug the new one into the clock spring (looks as though it may just plug in)
If pin61 is populated, all you need to do is just plug the new switch harness into the clock spring and it will work after a reflash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cruise

You'll need the wires that connect the bezels to the clock spring.

Check the BCM connector for pin position 61. If there is a grey wire in there, the car should be able to have cruise with just the new switches and a reflash. Otherwise, you'll need to manually run a wire from the clock spring to the BCM.
How do I know which is pin 61?? I see no numbers...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruse control BCModule pin 61

How do I know which is pin 61?? I see no numbers...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
here is the css link w/ pics

http://www.*************/forums/how-guide-43/how-factory-cruise-control-remote-radio-control-installation-2007-2010-a-187817/

I did this in my 07 LT, as long as pin 61 has a grey wire in it all u need is the new steering wheel control bezel w/ harness to clip into the clock spring. then pay the dealer to reflash for cruise control
I sent him a PM with it. You have to disguise the links for them to work. I usually just use bit.ly or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.