Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some guidance? The cruise control in my cobalt lights up at the steering wheel but doesn’t set when I press the button. I am lost on the cruise control and honestly don’t know where to begin. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have an 06 did the same thing took the button out of the right side of the steering wheel got a new one from RockAuto about 12 bucks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check you high brake light to see if it works!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coby7 you nailed it!! Thanks for all of your help and everyone else that pitched in. You guys are great. Cruise works!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Burnt bulbs or something else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bulbs were all burnt out. Replaced them and the cruise worked for one trip to work this morning. Now it won’t work any longer. Bulbs still working. Do you happen to know if the radio missing could cause this issue? Steering wheel airbag has been deployed as well and I’m sure that can have an affect on it. You wouldn’t happen to know would you?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If the GMLan wire as been cut or damaged at the radio it could cause the signal to hang. This would be a dark green wire.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Let me see if I can find the schematic. You can't ground it out because then nothing will work.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

What year?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very sorry about not getting back to you. It’s a 2010. I did pull the battery and reset and it’s working again. Not sure if when they cut the wires they caused the BCM to wig out or what but as of right now it is working. Now. Final problem is the airbag. Any ideas on how to reset the clock spring for the steering wheel airbag? Btw, I got a stock radio coming I. Today so I can finally have some tunes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.